Wednesday 31 January 2007

A day in the life of an XP Warrior

Good or What?

So the subscription to Norton Antivirus (2002) had run out. So that wasn’t good.
So I downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security Suite for a 30 day free trial. So that was good.
So I scanned my computer and it found 145 naughty things. So that was(n’t) good.
So I deleted/disinfected the naughty things. So that was good.
So I then loaded the software for the new webcam. So that was good.
So I restarted the computer and got an error message saying “ComComp.exe has encountered a problem and has had to close” making it impossible to get onto the internet using “Espace Wanadoo”. So that wasn’t good.
So I tried to find ComComp.exe and couldn’t. So that wasn’t good.
So I tried reinstating some of the naughty things in Registry that Kaspersky had deleted but without effect. So that wasn’t good.
So I switched off all the functions in Kaspersky ISS to stop it bothering me with annoying messages. So that was good.
So I reloaded Windows Service pack 2 and I could see ComComp.exe in the Prefetch folder but there were two of them. So that was good (I think)!
So I restarted the computer and got an error message saying “ComComp.exe has encountered a problem and has had to close”. So that wasn’t good.
So I reluctantly reloaded Wanadoo’s utilities, which hijack the home page and insert “Navigateur Wanadoo” every time you try to use Internet Explorer. So that wasn’t good.
So I still got the error message. So that still wasn’t good.
So I tried to reload Windows using a custom install which allowed me to reload “accessories” but not the main event. So that was nearly good.
So I looked for Internet Explorer and it wasn’t there! So that really wasn’t good!!
So I found out how to activate Internet Explorer and did it. So that was really good!
So I removed all the Wanadoo useless utilities in Add/Remove programs. So that was good.
So I reset the Wanadoo internet connection using Windows and could get onto the internet. So that was really really good!
So I switched on Kaspersky ISS and it was quiet. So that was good.
So I checked in Windows Update and it still had all the latest updates. So that was also good.
So I restarted the computer” and still got an error message saying ComComp.exe has encountered a problem and has had to close but I could get on the internet. So that was and wasn’t good.
So this morning I restarted the computer” and didn’t get an error message. So that was that!

So how am I? I’m good! But not perfect! So that's good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment